Sunday, September 10, 2017

Awareness

On this day I have multiple thoughts crashing through my head. Today is Suicide Awareness Day. This is a very dark subject that has touched me throughout all of my years.  I've had too many people kill themselves whom I have loved. For the ability to actually take your life you have to feel either great despair from which there is no escape or you feel such self-hate that you cannot stand to be yourself. Or both.

I want to focus on the hate part. Hate is so dark of an emotion. It is also not just limited to feelings of self, but it is spewed upon others. This is so apparent in our culture these days. Hate is flung about carelessly and is hitting people that it should not be. The more we hate, the more we lose our humanity.

On this, September 10 2017, we are on the eve of the 16th Anniversary of one of the darkest days to ever hit American soil. The theme of that dark day, Hate. People who hate our way of life and what we stand for so much, that they attacked and killed nearly 3,000 people on that day. Humanity only seems to remember that destruction that hate brings right in the aftermath of such tragedies. People throughout this country and the world are spreading hate so carelessly that it is just like fuel for people who are looking for an excuse to express their darkest desires. Hate spreads evil. What is it that Yoda said? Fear leads to Anger, Anger lead to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

I am saddened by so many people that I have known, loved, and cared for who have been seduced to this style of thought in the last few years. People who used to keep me in check by making me smile and look on the bright side of life are now being seduced by this anger and hate. No one knows these feelings more than me, because I let them rule and run me for so long. These days I pay for those decisions. Granted I had an interesting life because of them, but it burned me up for so long. I have had so much reason to hate, but if anything the last 2 years have taught me, there is no time or reason for hate, because it just drags you down. And self-pity, the worst.

I wish people could learn my lessons by not actually have to go through them, but the best I can do is tell them what I think. I hope someday those people let their anger and hate go, and return to loving life the way they used to.

Love your life, love your self, and above all, love others.

No comments: