Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cornered By Wolves

So, I'm pinned in a corner. The wolves are nipping at me, and I'm barely fending them off. The sad thing is that I'm all alone. No backup, no one to help me, I'm fighting them all by myself. Ryan blew up on me and I had my feelings hurt by Courtney. My car is still not running, I can't catch up at work because I'm trying to do the work of 3 men and school is suffering because I can't focus due to stress. I have cried so much in the past 48 hours. At home, at work, at school, in the car. And I'm expecting something else to happen. Because everytime I think it can't get worse, it manages to. I'm trying, I'm trying so hard to put a good face on life, but then I think about the two people I can tell everything, and our relationships are on the rocks. Ryan barely talks to me and Courtney has a new crush. And I'm not saying that's a tragedy, but it usually means I get left in the dust. At a very low time in my life. Other people are willing to pick up the slack, and I appreciate it, but it surely is not the same. So I will continue to cry and try my hardest to press on, but honestly, I want to give up. I want to give up and go back to Iraq. In Iraq there was only one thing that I generally had to worry about, completing the mission. That's all. No drama, no juggling friends, no random pissed-off phone calls. Everyone appreciated you, and you could appreciate them. I have so longed for that simplicty over these past 48 hours. I'm actually starting to regret not going to Texas. How sad is that? I'm sorry. I'll go back to crying. So I hope none of you are looking for strength from me, because I can't even carry myself through a day without breaking down. I am so sorry.

1 comment:

. said...

Hey buddy, cheer up. It's you and me both hittin' the ground at the same time. Text me sometime. I'll listen.