Thursday, June 16, 2005

Captain's Log, Supplemental...

There's a title that any Star Trek fan should know. I can't go to sleep. I wanted to talk to Courtney, but she didn't answer. Also my mother didn't give me any news on my brother. He was getting out of jail today, so he had to go to court and see what the terms of his probation are. Sad thing is, he turned 18 on the 11th. He's been in a detention center since mid-2003, while I was in Iraq. I just remember him coming here with my mother to send me off. Now he's a different person. Time is interesting.

Crazy. This month is burning by pretty quickly. July is gonna be here quick and then August and school. But I still have plenty of summer to play with. I'm not gonna let this one slip away into the mists of time, especially with there being no National Guard drill next month.

I've gotta sleep now, but before I go I'm gonna leave my favorite poem.

Some say the world will end in Fire,
Some say in Ice.
From what I've Tasted of Desire,
I hold with those who favor Fire;
But if it had to Perish Twice,
I think I know enough of Hate
To say that for Destruction Ice
Is also great and would Suffice.
-- Robert Frost

No comments: