Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Honeyman 101

I'm gonna give all of you who know him a little lesson. Honeyman is a very attention oriented person. If something is not new, then his attention tends to move on somewhere else. He has been like this since I met him over 5 years ago. People tend to get frustrated with him because he doesn't seem interested or he isn't hanging out with you as often as he used to. He doesn't show the same intensity when it comes to contacting you. These are problems that I see with whatever friends he ends up having.

Here's how to handle this:

Rule #1: Understand that he has ADD. There is nothing you can do about this, so don't take it personally. He has gotten better over the last 5 years, so don't go out saying he'll never change.

Rule #2: Don't pressure him when it seems like he's drifting. This only leads to hatred and fighting. He'll back off and you'll lose his friendship. This happens with a lot of people. He may keep contact, but it will never be the same. Just let it go. It may hurt, but some things you have to let go. Don't lay guilt trips and such either. That's just petty. And both him and I can see through it, and don't like it.

Rule #3: Just sit back and enjoy the show. There is nothing you can do to change his behavior. Don't try. He's fun. And if you stick around, he'll still be there. I've just learned that he's gonna do what he's gonna do. I may not hang out with him all the time, but I still talk to him and I do hang out with him.

You just have to be patient. You can't always get what you want from him, but he's not a flake. He sticks around and he's a good guy. So relax and enjoy his company.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Well that is all true and i know i am learning, very slowly, but learning.

Ellie said...

Amen Danielle... it is a slow process!!

thehoneyman said...

well that is very interesting. In fact it is pretty much dead on, Pay attention to Mr. Money now children

. said...

I'm sorry Ryan. I hope I have never done that to you. I mean, I'm sure I have, but I can still hope can't I? I suppose I am learning also. I will try to do much better. Still be my friend?

thehoneyman said...

Heck yes I will be, for dang ever